It’s Jam Season
As so often happens, I am inspired by a thought or a meal we had somewhere. When we lived in Seattle, we had several rhubarb plants growing in our yard and often gave it away. After sharing a large bunch with a friend, I asked her what she was going to do with it. Peach Rhubarb Crisp was her answer. I have been combining peaches and Rhubarb for a few years now. Normally in a dessert. I decided I wanted to make jam.
Here you go!
Peach Rhubarb Jam
What You Need:
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 cups chopped peaches (I used frozen)
What You Do:
- Combine everything except peaches large pan. Mix well and let sit for about an hour.
- Add peaches to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer until jam starts to thicken and sticks to the back of a spoon.
- Let cool slightly before pouring into a prepared mason jars. Seal tightly and water bath for 10 minutes
How We Use:
- Serve jam alongside scones for a yummy treat;
- Layer with yogurt and your favorite granola for a lovely parfait;
- Top vanilla ice cream; or
- Eat with a spoon.
Please let me know if you make this.