Area Attractions You’ll Want to See in Lancaster County PA
So, you’ve decided to visit Lancaster’s Amish Country. Did you know, we are located right in the heart of Amish Country? We are wihtin walking distance from Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. Below is a (non-inclusive) list of area attractions and things to do in Lancaster, PA.
The First Friday of every month, Lancaster has a highly popular arts extravaganza every month from 5-9p. Many galleries, studios and museums all keep their doors for your viewing pleasure during that time. Carriage Corner is located a short, easy drive from downtown Lancaster.
Things To Do…
- Hot Air Balloon Rides are available at Bird-in-Hand, just a short drive from our Bed & Breakfast.
- Buggy Rides: Aaron & Jessica’s Buggy Rides and Abe’s Buggy Rides are just a few. More can be found here.
- Strasburg Scooters – take a fun tour of the area on a scooter!
- Village Greens Miniature Golf is one of the many putt-putt golf courses in the area. Mini-golf is our go-to vacation activity.
- How about participating in The Great Train Robbery? This 45 minute train ride will take you back in time to Bonnie & Clyde – pay attention so you don’t lose all your money. Click on the website to purchase your tickets. The Great Train Robbery happens a couple times a year – please click the link for the schedule.
- Most Saturday evenings, you can hop aboard the Wine & Cheese train, this could be a lovely appetizer or possibly your dinner. Check website for schedule.
- Kitchen Kettle Village – Kitchen Kettle Village is located a short 15 minute walk from Carriage Corner eliminating the need to deal with traffic and parking at the Kitchen Kettle, allowing you to just get your shop on. On your way, make a stop into Village Cafe for a sandwich and milkshake, or stop at Sweet Shenanigans and grab a cupcake to get you the rest of the way there. If coffee is more your style, stop at The Corner Coffee Shop and get a beverage to get you through your shopping.
- The Corner Coffee Shop is a rare bird in a town that closes at 6pm, by staying open until 9pm Monday through Saturday. On Friday and Saturday they feature local musical talent from 6:30 – 8:30. Depending on the weather, the music may be either inside or out. It’s a lovely way to wind down your day.
I enjoyed everything. Our hosts were very helpful. They knew the area and suggested places to go. The breakfast was excellent. Thank you. We will be back.
The owners made us feel like family. They were very helpful giving us suggestions for shopping, sightseeing and dining.