Welcome to Carriage Corner Bed & Breakfast, the original B&B of Intercourse. Founded in 1979, Carriage Corner Bed and Breakfast remains one of the few bed and breakfasts located in Intercourse, Pennsylvania.
Lancaster County and Intercourse is referred to as the “Capital of the Amish,” our village is recognized as “a quaint country village that does not exist anywhere else anymore.” Intercourse, Pennsylvania and specifically Kitchen Kettle Village is “a hustling village from yesteryear with Amish buggies everywhere” centered in Pennsylvania Dutch Country and surrounded by beautiful farmlands. And then there’s Carriage Corner, we are the original B&B of Intercourse, are are located just a short walk from Kitchen Kettle Village and all it has to offer.
Carriage Corner B&B has been inspected by the Pennsylvania Touring & Lodging Association and is a member of Pennsylvania Dutch Convention and Visitors Bureau.
*Looking for a quiet, relaxing get-away to relax and recharge? We’re your place.
- Our common area is stocked with puzzles, books and games, as well as snacks for you to enjoy.
- Our back garden has a lovely gas fire pit surrounded by comfy Adirondack chairs for you to relax, and pretty lights so you can relax and enjoy hearing the buggies go by.
- Our front garden has a swing, Adirondack chairs and the gazebo, for you to enjoy. Maybe sit and read a book, enjoy a cold drink or just have a quiet conversation.
- We have several lawn games for you to enjoy a little competitive fun during your stay.
*Looking to learn more about the Amish and how they live? We’re your place.
- Explore the Amish Country Homestead, the Amish Experience and the Amish Country Store at Plain & Fancy Farm.
- Take an authentic look at the Amish lifestyle while touring an Amish Farm at the Amish Village.
*Looking to spend the day shopping for treasures? We’re your place.
- We are just a short walk to the village of Intercourse, offering enough quaint shopping you could spend the entire day! Don’t forget to stop into The Old Woodshed, Kitchen Kettle Village, Lancaster Yarn Shop and The Treasure Place. I’m sure you’ll find something you can’t live without.
- A short drive will get you to the outlet malls – ask us about coupons for either Rockvale or Tanger Outlets or both!
- There are many charming shops within a 15 minute walk and even more within a 15 minute drive.
*Looking for a creative, filling breakfast? We serve a full, hot Chef’s Choice breakfast every morning. We’re your Place.
- Your breakfast experience starts with one of the following:
- Fresh fruit drizzled with a flavored balsamic vinegar from the Olive Basin
- Chia seed pudding
- Yogurt parfait made with house made granola, fresh fruit and yogurt
- Fresh pastry and in season fruit
- The main course varies daily and could be either egg or bread based and sweet or savory. Some examples:
- Mallorcas served with a side salad and fresh fruit
- Individual asparagus & goat cheese frittata accompanied by mixed greens with berries and bacon
- Baked blueberry pancake with fresh lemon curd with blueberry syrup and ham
- Green eggs & ham, served with fried veggie loaded potatoes and sausage
*Looking to enjoy some authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Food? We’re your place.
- There are 3 wonderful smorgasbords located within 15 minutes. Your options include: Shady Maple, Millers, Dienniers, Bird in Hand, and Oregon Dairy just to name a few
*Looking to do a beer or wine tour? We’re your place.
- Less than 30 minutes in the car will get you to one of several breweries and/or wineries. There is even 1 winery you can walk to. Ask us for a map.
- Or, add one of the following beer or wine packages to your stay at our Original B&B located in Intercourse, PA:
- Wine & Cheese Tray;
- Wine & Chocolate Tray;
- Lancaster Brewing Package.
No matter if you need a quiet, relaxing vacation or one filled with learning and adventure – we can help you get the best out of the Amish Farmlands and enjoy the area to the fullest during your stay at the Original B&B in Intercourse.
“A visit to the Carriage Corner B&B is a perfect introduction to the original B&B getaway: affordable lodging, genuine hospitality, delicious food and immaculate housekeeping”
– Sandra W. Soule, Travel Writer