Sight & Sound
If you’ve never experienced a production at Sight & Sound, what are you waiting for?! Sight & Sound started in 1964 when Glenn Eshelman presented a slide show of his photography and landscape paintings set to music. Read the full story. The theater as we know it was opened around 1997 and has 2,000-seat capacity, a massive, 300-foot panoramic stage that wrapped around the audience, with the ability to house sets four stories tall. Guests are immersed in the production as it surrounds them on three sides and uses many live animals in each and every show.
Sight & Sound produces an original show in even years and refreshes an older show in odd years. Also, during odd years you have the chance to see The Miracle of Christmas from early November through the end of December.
Sight & Sound Moses
Moses was originally produced in 2014. One of the things that Sight & Sound is known for is their fully immersive production and the revised Moses is no different. From Sight & Sound Moses:
EXPLORE MOSES’ JOURNEY THROUGH SONG
As the saying goes, sound is half of what we see. Moses is abandoned and rescued. Pharaoh resists his request. And it’s all beautifully scored in this original soundtrack
Moses Fun Facts
- There are approximately 775 costumes in MOSES
- 16,000 snaps hold these costumes in place
- 6.8 miles of fabric were used for the costumes in this show. That’s enough to wrap around the theater 45 times.
- Animals in the show include: camels, donkeys, sheep, goats, llamas, horses, macaws, and rats
- Our Nubian goats are all named after Egyptian Pharaohs
- The favorite treat of our horses, camels, and donkeys is animal crackers.
- The Mount Sinai set piece weighs more than 26,985 lbs.
- The Ten Commandments are hidden in Mount Sinai and illuminated by a mix of lights and projectors.
- A treadmill was built into the stage floor for the Moses-on-the-run scene. It not only moves, but spins in a circle too.
- The Brick Factory set piece is original to the 2014 premiere and was hand carved by a local father-son duo.
Sight & Sound Partnership with Carriage Corner
While we make it a point to tell all of our guests who mention they are attending Sight & Sound, not everyone knows that when you book your favorite room with us, you can ask us to book your tickets at Sight & Sound. With our partnership, our guests get 10% off most shows at Sight & Sound. The exception is Saturday Matinees – there are no discounts on those shows.
Upcoming Sight & Sound Productions:
- Moses: now through October 7, 2023
- The Miracle of Christmas: November 3 – December 30, 2023
- Daniel: March 14 – December 31, 2024 – Book your tickets now!