Opening Post Covid
We are excited to carefully and cautiously move forward to open our doors to guests back to Carriage Corner. We want to let you know that our focus is on the health and safety of our guests and ourselves. As such, we want to share with you how we plan on taking care of you, but understand, this is a work in progress and some details may change. For now:
- We will keep rooms empty for a period of 48 hours between guests until further notice.
- We will require a two-night minimum stay during this time.
- If you don’t feel well or run a temperature, please stay home. We have updated our cancellation policy for the time being and will work with you.
- We have made self check-in an option when you make your reservation. We are always available by phone.
- All keys will be sterilized before you arrive.
- There is a hand sanitizer throughout the bed and breakfast.
- All of the Amish quilts have been temporarily removed from the guest rooms and replaced with quilts that can withstand the constant washing.
- All extra blankets and pillows have been removed from the rooms, as have the Carriage Corner bathrobes, if you need additional blankets or pillow or would like to use a robe, just ask and we’ll be happy to deliver them to you.
- Many of the decorative items and reading materials have been removed from the rooms
- Jay and I will be wearing either face masks or face shields and social distancing while on-site and in our personal lives as well.
- We ask that you observe a 6′ social distance with your fellow guests and our innkeepers and staff.
- We have set up our dining room table to meet the social distance guidelines, but if you prefer not to join others in the dining room, we can serve your breakfast on the back deck, on a table set in the common area, or set you up to enjoy breakfast in the gazebo. We will also offer 2 breakfast times, for now. Just let us know your preference.
- One of the things we love having available is the coffee cart and freshly baked cookies. During this time, we will still be baking cookies for you to enjoy. They will just be on a plate specifically for you to enjoy. You will find your freshly baked and wrapped cookies available in the afternoon, either in your room or in the kitchen – just let us know your preference.
- Our property provides abundant space for social distancing when outside. We hope you’ll enjoy many of the comfortable places to relax in the front garden, as well as the back deck and fire pit.
- We have always prided ourselves on a spotlessly clean inn. No changes there. However, we have enhanced our cleaning practices to include the frequent cleaning of all high touch items throughout the day, including: light switches, door knobs, hand rails, etc. The 2 days of no occupancy between guests is an additional safety measure.