Welcome to peaceful Lancaster County and Carriage Corner Bed and Breakfast, founded in 1979 as the original bed and breakfast of Intercourse.
Our village is prominent as “a quaint country village that does not exist anywhere else anymore” and is sometimes referred to as the “Capital of the Amish;” it’s “a hustling village from yesteryear with Amish buggies everywhere” centered in Pennsylvania Dutch Country and surrounded by beautiful farmlands.
Carriage Corner B&B has been inspected by the Pennsylvania Touring & Lodging Association and is a member of Pennsylvania Dutch Convention and Visitors Bureau.
*Looking for a quiet, relaxing get-away to relax and recharge? We’re your place.
- We have a comfy common area stocked with puzzles, books and games. The common area is always well stocked with snacks for you to enjoy.
- We have a lovely firepit in the back surrounded by comfy chairs for you to relax and enjoy hearing the Amish horse & buggies going by.
- We have the gazebo and a swing in the front, for you to sit and read a book, enjoy a cold drink or just have a quiet conversation.
- We have lawn games you can use to enjoy a little competitive fun during your stay.
*Looking to learn more about the Amish and how they live? We’re your place.
- Located a short drive from Plain & Fancy Farm – where you can explore the Amish Country Homestead, the Amish Experience and the Amish Country Store.
- Located just a short drive from the Amish Village – which allows you an authentic look at the Amish lifestyle while touring an Amish Farm.
*Looking to spend the day shopping for treasures? We’re your place.
- We are just a short walk to the village of Intercourse, offering enough quaint shopping you could spend the entire day! Don’t forget to stop into The Old Woodshed, Kitchen Kettle Village, Lancaster Yarn Shop and The Treasure Place. I’m sure you’ll find something you can’t live without.
- We are a short drive to the outlet malls – ask us about coupons for the Tanger Outlets.
- There are many charming shops within a 15 minute drive.
*Looking to enjoy some authentic Pennsylvania Dutch Food? We’re your place.
- There are 3 wonderful smorgasbords located 15 minutes away. Your options include: Shady Maple, Millers, Dienniers & the new Smokehouse BBQ.
*Looking to do a beer or wine tour? We’re your place.
- Less than 30 minutes in the car will get you to one of several breweries and/or wineries. Ask us for a map.
So – no matter if you need a quiet, relaxing vacation or one filled with learning – we can help you get the best out of the Amish Farmlands and enjoy the area to the fullest.
“A visit to the Carriage Corner B&B is a perfect introduction to the original B&B getaway: affordable lodging, genuine hospitality, delicious food and immaculate housekeeping”
– Sandra W. Soule, Travel Writer