Fair Season Is Upon Us
Did you know that Lancaster County has seven fairs happening between August 19th and October 11th. Seven (7??) wonderful county fairs happening in the County folks, Not to shabby considering there are 109 in the State!
Which County Fair Will You Choose?
Here’s a little rundown on each one:
- Elizabethtown – August 19 – 24, 2019 – Also known as E-town, this fair offers animal, agricultural, competitive and commercial exhibits. This fair also has a free petting zoo, nightly entertainment, contests for all ages, rides and lots of great food!
- Denver – September 10 – 14, 2019. The Denver fair has everything you expect to find in a county fair – animals, crafts, gardening and canning will be exhibited and judged. It looks like Tuesday, September 10th might the night to go with a baked goods auction and $20 rides!
- Solanco – September 18 – 20, 2019. My favorite part of any fair is the livestock exhibits. Don’t you just love wandering around and seeing all the cows, pigs and chickens? Solanco has a parade on Wednesday at 6 and it’s close enough to grab a burger at The Bullfrog for dinner before heading back to Carriage Corner.
- Ephrata – September 24 – 28, 2019. This fair has been names “the largest street fair in Pennsylvania” and it looks like fun! Tuesday has a bake sale and all you can ride ride prices; Wednesday is Senior Citizen day and a Parade!
- West Lampeter – September 25 – 27, 2019. These events look like so much fun! FFA log sawing & bale throwing contest; soup cookoff, pig catching; and tractor games! What will you go see?
- New Holland – October 2 – 5, 2019. When you attend the kick off parade, make sure you park on a side street – this parade is well attended and you’ll get stuck. Be on the look out for milk being thrown from parade floats. How fun is that?
- Manheim – October 7 – 11, 2019. New to the fair are a couple of fun new categories in agriculture – look for the Ray Baker Egg Show. Thinking about brewing your own beer? Then check out the hops – they are new this year in the fruits department. hmmm, hops are fruit?
Pick Your Favorite Room:
So, now that you know about all the great county fairs in Lancaster, why not pick one and then call us at 717-768-3059 to make your reservation?
We are constantly adjusting the layout of our rooms to ensure you the most comfortable, relaxing time during your stay. Pictured is Lancaster Rose.
Friendly staff, clean rooms, and a delicious breakfast