Fair Season Is Upon Us
Did you know that Lancaster County has seven fairs happening between August 19th and October 11th. Seven (7??) wonderful county fairs happening in the County folks. Not to shabby considering there are 109 in the State!
Which County Fair Will You Choose?
- Elizabethtown – August 21 – 26, 2023 – Also known as E-town, this fair offers animal, agricultural, competitive and commercial exhibits. This fair also has a free petting zoo, nightly entertainment, contests for all ages, rides and lots of great food!
- Denver – September 12 – 16, 2023. The Denver fair has everything you expect to find in a county fair – animals, crafts, gardening and canning will be exhibited and judged. It looks like Tuesday, September 10th might the night to go with a baked goods auction and $20 rides!
- Solanco – September 14 – 16, 2023. My favorite part of any fair is the livestock exhibits. Don’t you just love wandering around and seeing all the cows, pigs and chickens? Solanco has a parade on Wednesday at 6 and it’s close enough to grab a burger at The Bullfrog for dinner before heading back to Carriage Corner.
- Ephrata – September 26 – 30, 2023. This fair has been names “the largest street fair in Pennsylvania” and it looks like fun! Tuesday has a bake sale and all you can ride ride prices; Wednesday is Senior Citizen day and a Parade!
- West Lampeter – September 27 – 29, 2023. These events look like so much fun! FFA log sawing & bale throwing contest; soup cookoff, pig catching; and tractor games! What will you go see?
- New Holland – October 4 – 7, 2023. Seriously, the kick off parade is one of my favorite events, we’ve gone for years now with our Amish friends. But park on a side street so you can get out if you want to leave early. This is an evening parade that doesn’t really start until dusk. Go early, set up your chairs, eat fair food & enjoy!
- Manheim – October 9 – 13, 2023. The Manheim fair is truly a community farm show who’s mission is to promote agriculture, crafts and competition in a friendly environment that encourages family values and cooperation.
Pick Your Favorite Room:
So, now that you know about all the great county fairs in Lancaster, why not pick one and then call us at 717-768-3059 to make your reservation?
We are constantly adjusting the layout of our rooms to ensure you the most comfortable, relaxing time during your stay. Pictured is Lancaster Rose.
Friendly staff, clean rooms, and a delicious breakfast