What exactly are Kentucky Muffins you’re probably asking yourself. Well, they are beautiful, rich and moist muffins that sometimes start breakfast at Carriage Corner.
The recipe is from my friend Cami and she graciously shared it with me.
Often – I mix up the batter the night before I want to bake them, just to save a little time in the morning. Although truthfully, these are quick and easy to make.
You’ll need the usual suspects to make Kentucky Muffins – flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder, eggs, and water. There are a few unusual and occasionally hard to ingredients: powdered vanilla, and butterscotch pudding. If you are unable to find the butterscotch pudding you can substitute salted caramel pudding with good results.
Don’t forget to stop by Centerville Bulk during your stay at Carriage Corner to grab many of the ingredients you’ll need in bulk.
Enough talking – let’s get to baking!
- Kitchen Scale
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Salt
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Powdered Vanilla Bean Substitute 1t Vanilla if you can't find the powdered vanilla bean
- 1 Box Butterscotch Instant Pudding a box of pudding is 3.4 ounces
- 1 Box Vanilla Instant Pudding a box of pudding is 3.4 ounces
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Eggs beaten
- ¾ Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ Cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ C Finely Chopped Pecans
- 12 Whole Pecans
- Combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the eggs, the melted and cooled coconut oil and the water. Mix well.
- Pour the Wet Ingredients into the Dry Ingredients and mix well. Place batter into muffin cups. I like to use a 2T cookie scoop. I fill 12 muffin cups and then go back and share the remaining batter around.
- Mix the topping mixture, then sprinkle over the top of the muffins. Place 1 whole pecan in the center of each muffin
- Bake in a 350° Oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Kentucky Muffins are one of our favorite baked goods to send with guests who are taking a bagged breakfast when leaving early for whatever reason. So, if you need to leave before breakfast is served make sure you let us know the day before, or even when you book your room and we’ll have a bag ready for you to take on the road with you. I mean, breakfast is one of the reasons we choose to stay at Carriage Corner, right?
If you try them, please let me know. Also, don’t tell your friends that the secret is pudding just let them keep guessing. If you aren’t a baker, don’t worry, we are always happy to have suggestions and will do our best to fill them when you stay at Carriage Corner!