Thanksgiving in Lancaster, PA? Why Not!
Holidays can be hard, and we get that. So why not get away? Why not treat yourself to something a little bit different? We know it’s hard when you’re the one who is always doing the planning and cooking. Why not take some of that off your plate this year and just plan a relaxing escape to Lancaster County? We’ve always got a puzzle going and mugs of cocoa available. But we know that you also need to eat – so we’ve put together a list of restaurants that will be serving Thanksgiving Dinner in Lancaster, Pa that you’ll enjoy! You can also find our list of restaurants open on Sundays and Mondays. Keep in mind, that if you are staying at Carriage Corner on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, we’ll be serving our freshly prepared breakfast in the morning so you might want to make your dinner plans for later in the afternoon/early evening.
Also, please note that when we pull these lists together, we stick with the local restaurants. You can eat at Applebee’s when you’re at home. No offense to Applebees, but when I’m away, I want to try something different and local.
Are You a Buffet Fan? Here’s a few Buffets Serving Thanksgiving Dinner
- Bird-in-Hand Family Restaurant will be serving the holiday buffet from 11am – 6pm. Reservations are required
- Miller’s will be serving their holiday buffet from 11am – 7:00pm. Reservations are required – 800.669.3568
- Hershey Farm will also be serving a Thanksgiving buffet from 8a – 6pm. Again – reservations are required – 800.827.8635
Buffet Not Your Style? Try One of these Restaurants
- The Log Cabin Originally a speakeasy, the Log Cabin is now run by owner Kirk along with Chef Steve. This historic landmark is located in Leola along a scenic 12 mile drive from Carriage Corner. They will be serving their Thanksgiving menu between 11a – 2:30p. Reservations are required 717.626.9999
- The Greenfield Restaurant is owned and run by Chef John, who was the White House Chef for several years! The food at the Greenfield is amazing and we often recommend it for our guests who are celebrating a special occasion. Like all the restaurants listed – reservations are needed 717.393.0668
- Fireside Tavern will be hosting their holiday buffet from 11a – 3p. For reservations call 717.687.7979
- Reflections this building is charming and has so much history. For reservations call 717.656.3717
Sometimes You’re Best Bet is a Restaurant Attached to a Hotel
If you are a lodging property, being able to feed your guests on holidays is pretty important. We can count on those restaurants on a hotel property to be open on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- Cork & Cap downtown Lancaster, for reservations call 717.735.2025
- Smokehouse BarBQ & Brews, 3 miles west of Carriage Corner, for reservations call 800.669.3568
- The Olde Mill Restaurant, 3 blocks west of Carriage Corner and open until 8pm. For reservations call 800.717.6202
- Plough part of the Penn Square Marriot, for reservatoins call 717.239.1600
How About a Thanksgiving Experience?
- Longwood Gardens has 2 restaurants serving Thanksgiving meals. The Cafe will be serving until 7pm or sold out. As us to add “Advanced Purchase” Tickets to your reservation and you won’t need timed admittance.
- Dutch Apple Dinner Theater – kick start your holiday season with a thanksgiving feast while watching Elf the Musical – what could be more magical?
Things to Keep in Mind – When Having Thanksgiving Dinner in Lancaster PA
- Make a Reservation! You’ll definitely need one at most places
- Plan Ahead – we’re getting a little close with the timing of this post, but there are still reservations available
- Tip Generously – whoever is serving you is putting off their holiday to help you enjoy yours
- Make Your Reservation at Carriage Corner soon! We have one room available for Thanksgiving Weekend as of the writing of this post. That being said, we have rooms available for Wednesday & Thursday night and we’d love to host you!