5 Things to Do in Intercourse on a December Friday
Staying in Intercourse, what you can expect.
Carriage Corner is located in the small Village of Intercourse, Pennsylvania. I’m not gonna lie to you you, this little town can be a little sleepy. Most of the year, the sidewalks roll up around 5 o’clock, sometimes even earlier. BUT during December – Intercourse comes alive on a Friday Night. Here’s a quick list of 5 things to do on any given Friday in December in our sleepy little Village:
- Shop at Kitchen Kettle – Between Thanksgiving and Christmas Kitchen Kettle Stays open until 9pm on Fridays. Giving you more time to stroll through the Village and find that perfect gift. You might even bump into Yummy and Mrs. Clause.
- Drop into Lancaster Yarn Shop – they really are your #LocalYarnShop even if you aren’t local. On Fridays during December there is Open Crafting – working on holiday projects and need some time away from the family to get them done? Now’s the time. This is a wonderful group of women who are incredibly warm, inviting and helpful. You’ll find all the support you need to complete your project in time.
- Head over to the Corner Coffee Shop – between 7-9p the Corner Coffee Shop has live music. If the weather is nice, the performance will be outside on their patio which is decorated for holidays.
- Do a little Christmas Shopping at The Treasure Place – this is truly one of my favorite shops in Intercourse. If you’ve stayed with us – you’ve most likely seen my ‘collection’ of farm animal paintings – well, they all came from The Treasure Place. I adore their re-purposed furniture and am constantly inspired by their room displays. AND
- Work on a holiday puzzle at Carriage Corner Bed & Breakfast. During the month of December the puzzle will have a holiday theme to it.
Take a Short Trip out of the Village of Intercourse.
If you want to travel a bit farther than 3 blocks from Carriage Corner you can head out to these fabulous spots that are open until 9 o’clock:
- Warm up at Weather Vineyards Tasting Room in Ephrata – there will be live music and food trucks;
- Explore Green Dragon Flea Market, also in Ephrata, is only open on Fridays and there’s something for everyone;
- Take a relaxing holiday stroll during the First Fridays Art Walk in downtown Lancaster;
- Shop until you drop at Rockvale or Tanger outlets.