As I’m writing up this blog post, we’re getting our first snowfall of 2019. The yard is currently white. If you believe the weatherman, then the snow will stop soon and it will just get very, very cold. So – take a chance on some of these fun February events and get out while it’s not quite so busy and enjoy all the Lancaster County has to offer.
Here’s a short list of February Events and things to do happening in and around Carriage Corner for you to enjoy:
- February 1st is First Friday in downtown Lancaster. It’s a great chance to try a new restaurant, listen to live music and enjoy some art.
- Live Music every Friday and Saturday night from 7 – 9 at the Corner Coffee Shop. The Corner Coffee Shop is located across from Kitchen Kettle and is a nice 10 minute walk from Carriage Corner.
- Chicago is playing at the Fulton Theatre until February 17th! This is a fun show loaded with songs we all know.
- Rainbow Comedy Playhouse starts their next show, InLaws, Outlaws and Other Family Members at the end of January and it runs until March 9. And they are offering a special for Valentine’s Day. Friday nights are a great time to go with discounted show tickets, chips & salsa and you can order drinks, apps and dessert off the menu for an additional fee.
- Every Thursday through the end of March, the Historic Ephrata Cloister is offering an enjoyable escape at the annual Winter History Class
- After celebrating a romantic Valentine’s Day, why not take your sweetie to a Murder Mystery? The Revere Tavern is hosting May You Live Forever
- Into hiking? Why not join Naturalist Lisa Sanchez for a walk under the sugaring full moon? You need to register by February 19th for the hike on Wednesday, February 20th.
- Take a day trip out to Middle Creek to see the Snow Geese.
- On Friday, February 15th the annual Fire & Ice Show in Lititz starts. Festivities kick off with live music in the square, pyrotechnic and the DiMartino Ice Company carving scultuptures startin at 5pm. Go back on Saturday and stroll the streets of charming downtown Lititz, grab a cup of coffee, lunch from one of the many foodtrucks or just have your fill of Wilbur buds. This is one event we look forward to year after year.
- Friday, February 22 – Mud Sale Season starts with the Strasburg Mud Sale. Check out the full schedule on our blog.
- February 23rd spend an intimate evening with Kristin Chenoweth at American Music Theatre.
Remember – the shops are all still open, it’s just the crowds that are missing. February has 2 holiday weekends – Valentine’s Day and Presidents Day.