In honor of the Rhubarb Festival at Kitchen Kettle in May, this year I came up with a new recipe. As so often happens, I am inspired by a thought or a meal we had somewhere. When we lived in Seattle, we had several rhubarb plants growing in our yard and often gave it away. After sharing a large bunch with a friend, I asked her what she was going to do with it. Peach Rhubarb Crisp was her answer. That’s sound yummy. That summer I added peaches to my family’s favorite Rhubarb Crunch and it was yummy. So, the peach/rhubarb combo has been bouncing around in my brain for a few years now. This year, I decided I wanted to make jam – so I started with the google. I started with a recipe from pipandebby and modified from there for my taste.
Here you go!
Peach Rhubarb Jam
What You Need:
- 6 cups rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 T vanilla
- juice from 1 lemon
- 4 cups chopped peaches (I used frozen)
What You Do:
- Combine rhubarb, sugar, vanilla & lemon juice in a large enough pan. Mix well and let sit for about an hour. (I made rhubarb crunch and granola while I was waiting).
- Add peaches to the mixture.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat and simmer until jam starts to thicken and sticks to the back of a spoon.
- Let cool slightly before pouring into a prepared mason jars. Seal tightly and water bath.
How We Use:
- Serve jam along side rhubarb scones for a yummy double rhubarb treat;
- Layer Peach Rhubarb Jam with greek yogurt and your favorite granola for a lovely parfait;
- Top vanilla ice cream; or
- Eat with a spoon.
Check out our instagram video of making the parfait. Please let me know if you make this.